Steps to get started homeschooling with HomeLife Academy:
HomeLife Academy Requirements:
- You must have your own valid email address that you check regularly.
- Re-enroll annually by August 15th or by the time school begins in your area.
- Report grades and attendance twice a year. (Jan. 15th and June 15th)
- Testing is optional for TN, FL, CO, and states where no testing is required.
- HomeLife Academy is designed for families intending to homeschool through graduation.
- For information about returning to a public or private school after enrollment in HLA, please visit our FAQ page.
- Parents/guardians must have at least a high school diploma or GED.
Gather the following Information before completing our online application:
- Educational Plan.
- An educational plan is a list of books and other materials your student will be using at home for each class.
- It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to determine the courses and materials/books your student(s) will be using for his/her classes.
- HomeLife Academy does NOT provide books or other course materials.
- HLA will not process applications without an appropriate educational plan.
- Do NOT list the books your student is currently using in the public school.
- Please list the books your student will be using upon leaving the public school.
- Previous schools name, address, phone and fax number.
- If you have always homeschooled and have never been registered with another school then put “always homeschooled” for the school name.
Complete the online application:
NOTE: Students should continue going to school until you receive a Confirmation of Enrollment from HLA.
- All children enrolling with HomeLife Academy should be included in one application.
- Pay online
- HLA will not process applications without payment.
- Checks will delay your application.
- Fees are paid per school year.
- HLA will contact you via email with login information for your account, Confirmation of Enrollment and other important information.
- Save your login information.
- Once you have received Confirmation of Enrollment, you may withdraw your child from the previous school.
- HLA will send an official request for records to the school.
- We will notify you via email once those records are received in our office.
- For high school students - We will post all previous high school credits into your account once they are received in our office.
- You should set up your courses in the Applecore grade reporting account as soon as your enrollment is confirmed.
- Refer to the High School pages on our website for important information concerning high school students.
International Families (Outside the U.S.):
- Families living outside the United States may register with HomeLife Academy.
- You will be responsible for assuring that you are in compliance with all laws and regulations in your country. Registration with HomeLife Academy may or may not meet those requirements.
- Families following a calendar year school schedule will still need to re-register annually before August.
- You may report grades at the end of each semester depending on how your school year is structured. For example: If your school year begins in January, you will post first semester grades in June or July and then post final grades in December.
- Spanish speaking families can email Ana Quesada at email@example.com for assistance.