- Students may work during school hours, but they will need a Work Permit.
- Work Permits can be requested using the Request Manager.
- The original will go to the employer and a copy needs to be kept by the student.
- A student I.D. is also recommended as the student will be out during school hours.
Recording Work Experience:
To request a work permit:
- Students can receive credit for Work Experience (300 hrs./1 credit). Maximum 2 credits in high school. The course would be an elective.
- However, we recommend college bound students record this type of information in the Portfolio instead of on the transcript.
- For additional information please refer to the Transcripts & Portfolio section of our high school pages.
- Log into your HLA account
- Select the Request Manager
- Select Work Permit from the drop down menu
- Type in the comment box the following information: student’s name and information concerning where to send the document
- Submit the request